Monday, March 26, 2007

My Life is SOOO Random.....

Ok, so this is what happened. As you all know (because you read my blog so diligantly) I ended up stranded in Detroit / Grand Rapids last weekend on my way to Boston because of the snow storms on the East Coast. Well just to finish the trip strong I had more travel problems on the way home also. Caroline and I went to the Boston airport at 2 pm last Saturday for Caroline's 4 pm flight (due to being a cheap travelling pseudo-student type I opted for a flight 2 hours later to save some cash). Caroline got on her flight and it left no problem. I hang out at my gate reading a book waiting for my flight. I landed, unloaded and was getting very close to boarding time when they announced that the oil light had some on at landing and when they checked it out they found metal filings in the oil. Disturbing..... So the cancelled the flight. I had an extra night in Boston in the ritzy hotel airport, went back into town for another bowl of clam chowder and some wine and meet some locals.

Then yesterday I travelled from Boston through Salt Lake City to Vancouver. The bonus: I didn't need to take a bus from Seattle for Vancouver. Unfortunately I did not have a passport and didn't even think of it until I was boarding in Salt Lake as I had originally planned to go back to Canada by land. Fortunately they let me go without much trouble but told me I wasn't allowed back in the States, BANNED.......

So there you have it. More random ramblings of my obscure life :)

No comments: