Monday, June 25, 2007

Life is HUGE!!

How do you foster a deep and real connection with your spouse to the fullest extent of what God intended that to be (since that is something we can't really make up for after the redemption of creation) and still maintain a level of caring and loving others to the fullness that God calls us to? Do you need to compromise one to live out the fullness of the other? is this what Paul is talking about in 1 Corinthians 7:32-35?

I for one don't see how I could possibly do one much less both in all their fullness and still have time to watch the latest movie, surf the net, and continue battling the ever growing reading list (it's all about priorities)... jk.

Seriously though life is extremely overwhelming. Just the idea of studying the bible to the extent that I now long too is over whelming me with the realization that it would take lifetime upon lifetime to do as much as skim the surface. So now that I have dedicated my next two life times to skimming the surface of the scripture how am I possibly going to find the time to implement what God is calling me to do?? Now add on top of those untold centuries the idea of having to love and care for a spouse, (an opportunity that is only available in this life time I might add), in a relationship that mirrors Christ and his church!! Just to top it all off your marriage might just probably lead to children who you are then charger to love and care for in the same way that God as Father cares and loves us his children... talk about overwhelming.

Oh and the final thing, be a tent maker to earn a living while you are up to all this God stuff. Ok God seriously who do you think I am?!?! Elastigirl?!.....

Life is one very seriously high demanding yet utterly rewarding journey. Is it possible?? has the fall reduced us to just wallowing in overwhelmededness the majority of the time, whilst covering our head with a blanket and staring out blindly at the task that God has laid before us, brought to tears just thinking about the countless failing's that I know are inevitable??

Feeling overwhelmed here God!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm trying to leave a comment.